Sunday, May 15, 2011

Book Trailers R Us!

Wow ... just wrapped up the book trailer for Bone Dressing, unbelievable! I still have chills creeping up and down my spine! It is exactly what I had all wrapped up in my head while I was creating Syd's world in Bone Dressing. It couldn't be any more perfect.

This is one of those times though, that I'm glad I had absolutely no idea what I was in for before I started! Oh, I knew it would take some time, some effort, some learning, some help ... but, oh my God! I had no idea just how much time, effort and help it would take to get me from where I was (knowing absolutely nothing other than I wanted to make my own book trailer for Bone Dressing) to where I am (still knowing very little, but having one pretty damn cool book trailer in my back pocket to show for it).

I also know that I absolutely, positively adore my kids and my brand spanking new husband, without whose help I couldn't have done this!

So, book trailer done. Check. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Well, time for this little puppy to get back to writing ... can't wait to have to do this all over again for book two in the Bone Dressing series!

4 comments:

  1. One of the great things about the Kindle is being able to read YA fiction in public without everyone thinking you've lost the plot.

    I haven't read it yet, nor seen the vid' yet, but I'm already fascinated by Bone Dressing. It captured my imagination the moment I first came across it.

    But seven books in the series? That is such a precise number!

    Looking forward to making time to read this, though sadly it will be a while yet.

    Meanwhile I wish you every success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe this was your very first book trailer! It's so polished and professional. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's fantastic!

    NICELY done!

    I like how SYD is on fire, like she's in hell, in torment. The music is dead-on as well. Mournful and soulful and passionate. Fits well with the sexual imagery as well.

    And the skeleton in the fetal position is disturbing and powerful and timed perfectly with the musical crescendo.

    This is very professional, Michelle, and as good or better than other book trailers I've seen. Definitely adds to my desire to read the book.

    Plus the original concept of a girl who goes and lies down in a graveyard is fantastic and disturbing.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great trailer! It did it's job - now I want to read the book :) Looking forward to following your work.

    ReplyDelete